Sensor Graph Timeout Safety Information for MiniMed™ Veo™ Pumps (MMT-554 and MMT-754 only) with sensor usage and Low Glucose Suspend feature enabled
Your MiniMed™ Veo™ insulin pump allows you to set the number of minutes to display the Sensor Graph before returning to the home screen.
The factory default setting for Sensor Graph timeout is set to 2 minutes. If the Sensor Graph timeout is set to “NONE” it can prevent the auto-resume of basal delivery 2-hours after a Low Glucose Suspend event, which can result in elevated blood glucose values.
[This will only happen if you go to the Sensor Graph screen during a Low Glucose Suspend event, and leave that screen displayed and if the Sensor Graphic Timeout is set to “NONE”]
When this happens, the pump will beep 3 times every 15 minutes to remind you that insulin delivery has been suspended. All other alarms will function normally, but basal delivery will not resume as long as the Sensor Graph screen is displayed.
Sensor Graph Timeout Recommendations:
- Do not change the Sensor Graph timeout setting to “NONE”.
- If you are using the Low Glucose Suspend feature and have changed the Sensor Graph timeout setting to “NONE”, reset it by following the steps below:
- Go to the Sensor Menu
- Select Edit Settings, Press ACT
- Select Graph Time Out, Press ACT
- Select 2, 4 or 6 minutes (do not select “NONE”), Press ACT